Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This is OKAY

As I write this, there is a stack of grade 9 comprehensions waiting to be marked. But that is okay, because this week is OKAY.

And I am okay. Because this week is term break. Hallelujah! It's nice to have term break. As much as I relish every second of it, it wasn't like my last term break... where it was a seven day hiatus from ghetto school. So, school must be okay.

Heck, I'm doing better than okay. I think I'm actually enjoying what I have got to do now. Yes, the hours are incredibly long, but the kids are incredibly rewarding - at least two-thirds of them. :-)

I've decided to spend two days being productive - and procrastinating on marking - and the next three days of the work week, not working! (At least I hope so!)

The last ten weeks of school have been crazy, its another 3-4 more before the exams and then the countdown to my wedding begins. We've finally finished our Curious Incident of the Dog at Night Time and our poetry module and I'm am enjoying teaching Midsummers Night Dream. I think the kids like it too!

Best of all, last friday I got a note from one of my literature students... the note confessed his love for Literature and to show what he'd learnt over the poetry module, he proceeded to write an ode to Literature. I'll put it up later when I see it at home. I wanted my kids to love literature, but with the whole 'holistic child' learning mandate, I've kinda put it on my backburner for awhile. I guess when you love something enough, it shows enough for others to want that enthusiasm too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home