Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, November 29, 2007

I got married!

It is only fitting that I make the announcement: I got married last weekend!

Preludes to the wedding were somewhat busy, but I assume I had it very easy since
1. my aunt was the wedding planner.
2. my mom settled the food (I didn't even know what was served)
3. my dad was in his element with designs
4. my family is non-trad so we skipped all the ceremonial bits except the church and did away with the asian tradition of a dinner banquet and just had the extended family dinner instead. This was great to catch up with all the out-of-town folk.
5. we decided to work on our house after the wedding so we wouldn't have a million and another one things to work on. I just went to the apartment yesterday with Dad to have a look-see again at what needs to be done. We are aiming to be ready for people by mid-feb.

Other notables...
The morning of the wedding was quite fun! I had no problem sleeping the night before as with most nights. (Or days for that matter). I was up early and well-rested. Had my regular brekkie over the newspaper. People started to stream into the house and it was like a party. My mom loved that there were so many boys in the food ransacking her fridge. She said, 'This is what you have a house for'. I caught up with cousins, family friends and friends who had flown straight in from the airport as my make-up was being done. It was so good that we dawdled for time and even thought to swing by the drive-in to get more food but the Rev. actually called to make sure the bridal party was on its way. You bet the party was on its way!

As I was walking down the aisle, my only thought was, "This is easier than I thought!" The ceremony was quite quick and once the vows were said, I thought, "you mean we waited this long and this is it?!" It was a bit of an anti-climax so it makes one wonder what exactly is the darn big deal that most people get their knickers knotted up over.

If there was one thing I was anxious over - it was only that Andy would tip me back to far and I would topple over during the 'kiss the bride' bit. We figured, since most people made the sacrifice of sleep or time to be here, we'd make sure that they at least had something good to take away so we went for the Hollywood kiss... I've had various comments from, "why not lower!" to "I thought that was pretty low!"

Yes, yes. I am now a pretty Low.

Pictures will be up in awhile in some FlickR Pro account. I'm excited to see the pics but I'm not in such a big rush either so I'm aiming to release the url when Andy and I get back from our honeymoon. That, should be great.

Meanwhile, here's the growing up vid we showed at the ceremony, now made available for all to enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 7:34 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

My mom loved that there were so many boys in the food ransacking her fridge.

did you mean boys in the fridge ransancking her food? heh.

great video. where did you get the song from?

if i ever get married, i'm so gonna come asking for advice on how to be stress-free and unBridezilla. (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home