Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Randomness is good!

As much as I'm looking forward to being married, there is something frustrating about couple-dom. I wrote about it in the last blog - and I'm writing about it again. Last time it was about Ice Creamery, and bless her heart, H has invited us for dessert there next week with lots of time in advance to plan for it.

Today, its about karaoke. Now, I'm not really a big fan of the K-box. It's really not my thang but, I do enjoy it once in a while ever since inculcating the appreciation of the fellowship in Japan. D, who invited me/us has mentioned about plans for it albeit a few failed attempts but it looks like it will happen today because tomorrow is a public holiday. *Insert happy dance here.*

But, I may yet have to turn this fun, random and impromptu invitation down precisely because it was not planned for. Last week we couldn't make bible study because we had a late night at the wedding rehearsal and just had no more juice. Yesterday we had another late night so A may have no more juice again to stay up late although I am half tempted to persevere in building relationships with new people.

That said, when I think about "building relationships with new people" and then consider how those relationships I talked about in the last post that I so consciously spent investing in may not have much to show, I begin to wonder if it is really worth investing in. And to add to that, my opinion of relationships in Singapore is that most of them really try but then they are so closed and they fail in depth so is it really worth wiping out for new relationships? Of course, for the old ones, I would do it in a heartbeat.

That is of course, if it were just me and I was 23 all over again. Life was so wonderfully random then.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

relationships are a bit like fixed deposits or those investment schemes that come with insurance payouts. takes a long time to see the solid assets that come out of them.

but the 'payouts' come when needed, i'd like to believe. i've seen a high 'friendship turnover' over the 1.5 years that i've been back, so i would also say that my current pool of buddies is pretty small too, but i trust that He brings the right people at the right time and shows who to invest in too.

--Hannah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home