Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Monday, December 31, 2007

TAKING STOCK OF 2007

What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Engaged and married!

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for 2007?
I think so, but what were they in the first place?

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Now the parents want company for her.

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

What countries did you visit?
Vietnam and Indonesia. Gah. Too busy working!

What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
iPhone. No, I'd like a Kingdom Purpose - not that I lacked one, but 2007 had its own reasons.

What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 24th - our wedding date.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Technically, a wedding shouldn't count. Especially since I had a party planner.

What was your biggest failure?
Nothing felt like a big failure :-)

Did you suffer from illness or injury?
Not as much as last year! I slept lots and looked after my body well!

What was the best thing you bought?
My Palm TX, I need it to manage life here.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Andy, still. He is a really great guy to have married. I don't know who else would put up... no, I mean love my nonsense.

Where did most of your money go?
We recouped the wedding and I suppose the honeymoon falls under his budget so most of it went to ministries.

What did you get really excited about?
Getting married. (This is a phase hazard, I'm not usually this smug about it.)

Which song will always remind you of 2006?
"If I Kissed You" by Corrinne May since it was one of our wedding songs. Although, the truth behind that song is that I kissed him first. ;-)

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Sadder
Thinner or fatter? Thinner!
Richer or poorer? Richer.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading the bible, doing biblestudy, spending time with God. You get the drift.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinate - but that is entirely not true. I don't wish to do less of it. I want to do more!

How did you spend Christmas?
Had a great kids' christmas service at our new church ARPC, lunched with my parents over Penang Fare, showed Andy around my run-route, presented ourselves as a unit at the Tan Family Christmas Dinner and then promptly fell sick with a ear & nose infection.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Andy when he was working in HK.

Did you fall in love in 2007?
I guess so...

What was your favorite TV program?
I still do not watch TV.

What was your favourite movie?
I watched more movies at the cinema this year than the last 3. The few memorable ones were.... ...

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No....

What was the best book you read?
The Irresistable Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane claiborne

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Third Day's Chronology. I could listen to it over and over again. It is MY cd in the car.

What did you want and get?
Someone to share my dreams and visions with and play with me in the meantime.

What did you want and not get?
I got my way most of the time. Or maybe for once I figured out what God wanted me to do. :-)

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Planned for the wedding, yumz japanese dinner, turned 28.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Could I possibly ask for more?!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Whatever worked.

What kept you sane?
.... hrrrrmm. oh dear.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Whoddat?

Who did you miss?
The Monday Night Mini-church Crew.

Who was the best new person you met?
I reconnected with a lot of old friends and got to meet ones from out of state so I think that counts for more.

A valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
It is a struggle to keep perspective.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home