Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, February 02, 2008

Lost For A Good Book To Read

I had a whole list of books I had yet to read at the back of my mind. You know, the condition of the bibliophile who buys all the books she wants to read but hasn't got the time?

I realized I had this problem - so I stopped myself from buying books since moving to Singapore. Instead, I figured, I would buy DVDs - they were quicker to get through - till I had got through my stack of books. I figured this would take awhile.

I can't remember when exactly those thoughts passed through my head. But I remembered I had a stack to get through and I would aim to plod through it slowly so I could savour each story.

Today, we went to get tickets for our long weekend away next week, so I went to my bookshelf to get that book I would read by the pool and lo(w) and behold! I went through all of the books and I couldn't find one book from that 'stack'!

So, slowly and surely, I have finished reading the stack. Despite a million things to do from going back to school, a new job, getting married and setting up a new home, I have somehow managed to carve out more time than I imagined to read. I am 15 pages to the end of the book I'm currently reading, Imprisoned In Iran: Love's Victory Over Fear by Dan Baumann from YWAM.

Never in my mind have I ever been at a lost for a book in hand to read. Afterall, "of making many books there is no end"! There are many good books out there but I have not seen (or been looking for) a book to add to the bookshelf.

The books I want to read, are the books that make my heart ache to be somewhere else doing something else, far from the reality I lead here. So, I try not to read those books although they are the ones I enjoy the most. The rest of the books seem like a waste of time compared to the former. So here I am. A lost for a good book to read. Unbelievable.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can lend you the U2 book you got me :)
-- Hannah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home