Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Some Pressure, Some Motivation

Also, as a side note, 2 of my form boys are team players on the school soccer team. The school team were having a bit of a hard time proving themselves on the field despite this season having home ground advantage. Since I was their form teacher and since I am such a strong supporter, I cut a deal with them. For every goal they scored, they were priveleged to do 1 less homework for me (that did not count toward their final grade). For every goal they let the opponent score, they would have to do 1 more piece of work for me. The latter half was actually their idea.

The rationale is this: they work hard on the field, they do the school proud, they do the class proud, they do me proud, they should get some perks. They let the opponent score, they play badly, all the more reason they need to work at school to do well in life ;-)

Yesterday, they beat their opponents 3:1 And both my soccer boys scored a goal each. Hurrah! We are all happy people!

Amazingly, when I met them this morning, they were pleased as peas about their goals - but didn't say anything about wanted to be excused from the long weekend homework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home