Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Simple but Good Weekend. Long in coming.

I've had a good weekend. Nothing spesh although it feels like its been awhile in coming.

The husband was back - he managed to cut his trip by a day which made mid-week somewhat more bearable, although our schedule was completely rubbish till the weekend. It's term holidays and no teaching to get anxious over come monday.

I got off school early and headed to town, witnessed a punch-up of our schoolboy right outside the gates - but that is another story altogether - and went shopping. Had a read-in at Borders and bought P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern - both, something that I haven't done at all since coming back. I was convinced to buy the book like I haven't been for a long time from reading this month's compulsory monthly book reviews that all my kids have to do. I also got myself two tops, some bottoms, a new lippy, a pair of earrings and finally a wallet. My old one which was just lovely, practically had money falling out of it. Then I met A after work and he took me to one of my fav japanese restaurants in Paragon. One word with a capital A. Authentic.

Slept in, finally caught up with some quality time with Andy, caught up on the news over brekkie, did some laundry and cleaning then knuckled down to a sermon from Mars Hill (also long time in coming) and read a quarter of my book. Napped while Andy caught up with more work *sigh*, then we headed out to check out a sound system that might set us back about 4K and looked around for a king-sized bed. Yup. You read it right. A king-sized bed in our HDB apartment. Impossible will be nothing.

Even though Andy caught the movie on the flight back, he wanted me to watch it so we also got tickets to Juno. A great flick - simple and straightforward. No expensive sets. They don't make many like them nowadays. I think he not-so-secretly wanted me to 'get' the song Anyone Else But You by The Mouldy Peaches.

Now, we're off to bed. I know, this has been a fairly boring report as blog entries go. But for some reason, the simplicity of the day without work bearing down on me has made it so good.

Him: You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Her:
Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Him:
We both have shiny happy fits of rage
You want more fans, I want more stage
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Her:
You are always trying to keep it real
I'm in love with how you feel
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Him:
I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging from side to side
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Her:
The pebbles forgive me, the trees forgive me
So why can't, you forgive me?
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home