Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ooh, a restful weekend.

I've had a few packed weekends over the last two months. What with the renovations of the new house, work to take home for marking and general errands to run, Andy and I have not had a weekend to do nothing with ourselves for a long time.

Last week we got to get away with two other couples and that was heaps of fun. It was good for Andy and myself to get our minds off some of our worries and thankfully, a lot of the work got cleared over the week.

So, I was finally looking forward to this 'no-plans' weekend. We slept-in, mulled coffee over the weekend papers, took our time about the household chores. Finally, Andy had a 'great' idea - at about 3pm, we left for lunch at the nearby food centre for beef noodles we had not had in a long time, then we popped over to our new apartment and wowwed ourselves with the tap in the guest toilet. It is the first thing that has been installed! I'm looking forward to our next visit, hopefully next weekend. The carpenters are coming in to put in our cabinets, tables and feature walls. The painters are coming in with our earth shades of paint.

Finally, the evening was beckoning. We went for a trail walk about Lower Pierce reservoir which was lovely. Not many people may know this, but I do love walking in nature. I don't even mind trail-running. It's nice to get outdoors for a breath of fresh air! After that, we adventured further to Upper Pierce reservoir and behold, the monkeys!

I had never seen such aggressive and bold monkeys stealing food right of picnickers table! There were quite a family of them in the area that terrorized the kids... there were also the parents who were terrors themselves, ignoring the ranger's warning that feeding the monkeys could cost their pockets a $500 fine.

We just came back from visiting a friend's house. The discipleship group we've joined at church gathered there to play 'Rock Band' on the Playstation. Up to a month ago, I had not seen let alone had any experience playing with such contraptions. The last time I laid my paws on the playstation was in 2000 when we were still playing Bubble Puzzle, Final Fantasy and Wipeout XL. After I left, I never paid much attention to these games anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'd wonder if I had the energy to pick up Sid Meiers Civilization once again. But I learnt today that games nowadays are a different breed.

It took 3 persons each on a 'play' intrument - microphone, guitar and drums - to do what is pretty much music band karaoke. I found it quite fun, it wasn't all about thumbs and special moves or a certain combination of buttons so I could play along. What I really liked about it was that it was quite a group sport! So a lot of cameraderie built up and cheering for your mates!

Anyway, that's what I call a restful weekend. A bit of the park and a bit of play.

When monday comes around, I shall have the examination scripts on my desk. All 7 classes of 40 odd students writing 2 english language compositions. For one teacher to mark.

Hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home