Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When?

A lot happened over the long weekend. I wasn't able to shake-off the persistent cough I had on thursday and friday and the only reason why I can afford the time to write this, is because I'm on medical leave today and tomorrow. Arrigato.

I can't wait for when our apartment will be our haven. But till then, we are getting a little bit worried about the financing of it. We're getting a little tight because all the bills want to come in on the same time and I'm afraid we'll run into deficit for the next few months.

Of course, I know that this really should be an area of faith - we trust that the Lord will provide. It won't not show up - the question as all questions of faith are is When?

Other When questions...

We spent our saturday at church membership class and while we were there, a friend of ours was accompanying his wife on the course as well. Instead of wasting away time listening to doctrine again, he spent the arvo studying.

Before I left university, I actually thought I'd try my hand at it, but I know finance and numbers in those details are really not my cup of tea. What it got me thinking was whether Andy and myself were taking the opportunity to grow in all areas. Bible School crossed my mind, mission school crossed my mind but those things truly had to wait till I had served my bond.

On the other hand, my language skills have gone to the dogs. I feel like a liar each time I say I can speak Japanese because I haven't spoken much of it over the last two year much less remember it.

I also thought about how fun and challenging it would be for both of us to be swotting for exams. To see Andy in a different light, and show him how crap I am in learning languages. He has been reminding me ever so often about Japanese classes .... and I have been humming and hawwing and I don't even know why except to say I was not interested.

But something about seein our friend study for something beyound his school of study motivated me to remember that I want to continue growing in ways that will be useful in the field.

I'm still thinking if I have what it takes to see it through, but now is about as good a time to start studying the language formally. It's about two more years to go.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm language classes. also on my to-do list. -hannah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home