Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Kingdom of Comfort

Kingdom of Comfort is so good it hurts.

My heart is so broken but I keep getting told to wait, that its not time. I want to do something (soon), but I don't know what God wants, what I can, or how. I end up spending most of my time on things that I know I don't really care about. And thing things that I do (at work) that I care about, I'm have so much off that I'm spread too thin.

So, I'm frustrated about this vicious cycle, frustrated when I remember what I should do that its painful.

That's why I don't want to read about it or talk about it. Everytime I do, I feel like banging my head on a wall.

I have, quite literally, 'built myself a happy home In my palace on my own' this time around, I sometimes forget where I came from. I try to make sense of the things I've seen, what I've done before, between the poverty I know and the five star dream that I live.

But what does that mean for me who goes out to buys furniture or a book shelf or a sound system for the house? I'm quite happy with the home maybe that's the problem. Should we have spent what God's given us this way? I almost feel bad that our palace, our retreat from the world is this good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home