Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, December 31, 2008

# ??: The discipline of creative experimentation

Its awhile since I noted what I learnt because I've been away but I've tried to be intentional in my learning process this season of rest and vacation.

One of the things that has been on my mind at the start of the season - which knows no real date or time - is what am I to do with this 'energy' that I have. It's not an energy that needs release in finding a sport or the busyness of doing something. It's kinda like a latent energy that wants a release in making and creating something.

I asked Him a couple of times what I was to do with it and earlier on, it found its way in culinary experiments that translated to hospitality ministry in our new home. I managed to find a tie between, inviting people over, an opportunity to make something and learning something about cultures by referring to the Operation World book and cooking the cuisine of the country of mention.

I've also been listening to Patrick Dodson kudos to M.N.M.C. even before Land of the Rising Son Homecoming 2008. Its timely that his most recent podcast was a lecture he gave to the NZ YWAM School of Digital Media on 'Developing Your Creativity'. So that's what I learnt today

My takeaway is to speak life into others' energy and let that be a medium for life to be given into my own energy. I also like what he said that to be intentional in feeding and inspiring your imagination. And then, you have to start doing something - just for doing something, to at least get a momentum going because it won't happen if it remains latent.

Resolution: Be in the discipline of creative experimentation.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 am, Blogger davej said...

yes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home