Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, January 24, 2009

Creative Kitchen Experiements

I've still been sitting on the 'creative energy' idea for a little while and I still would like to do something on the side so, a little bit more on what I've been doing with the creative experimentation idea.

Over the last 1 month, I've gotten myself a few appliances necessary to my creative experiments in the kitchen. I've got at least... 3 or 4 new things I'm trying.

I've tried baking bread... my first 2 attempts out of a box were less its claims which spurred me to make my own good breads instead... linseed, olive, meal.... (Thanks to the mixer which comes with a bread kneader)

I've tried biscuits with fairly acceptable end-products so I'm trying cakes now. Today, its Andy's birthday cake to be exact. (Inspiration kudos to Japan.)

I'm also curing my own lemons. I got this idea from a Food Safari programme and I thought it really looked beautiful on the bar. That and also, I love... (Just some lemons and an beautiful airtight jar from Ikea)

I used to love Oporto's Portugese Chicken when I was staying in my loft in Sydney - it wasn't so much the chicken, as it was the chilli. The lemonny garlic chillis were pure seduction. To do that, I got myself a blender from a voucher I had lying around.

I also got 2 wine jars.... to infuse my own blend. :-) (Kudos also to good friends who saw it necessary to teach me this very traditional Japanese culture when I first arrived.) If all goes well, expect some for Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home