Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, January 17, 2009

How bake bread

This is not a 'How-To' Entry. I just lost count of where I was in the numbered days of Things I Learnt Project. What I did learn today, was how to bake bread.

When I got my mixer, mom passed me one of those 'Add-water-and-pop-in-oven' mixes for bread. Today is the second time I tried it. The first time, Andy and I made breadsticks and I followed the direction to the T. It came out like twigs... Mom said its because those thin sticks don't need the 25 minutes that the recipe on the box called for since they were so small. So today, I decided to make a whole loaf for dinner.

But for the second time, it has come out pretty dense. So, I'm not trusting those Bread-In-A-Box recipes. I went to learn 'how to make bread' the ol'fashion way. I can't wait to try it out in a few weeks time!

1 Comments:

At 8:17 am, Blogger davej said...

this is the recipe i have been modifying...i'm getting better at it...it is simple and good, just hard work kneading...

http://informeddemocracy.com/bread/bakingWholeWheat.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home