Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, December 30, 2006

STOCKTAKE #2: WHAT DID I DO IN 2006?

JANUARY: I buy a ticket to visit Singapore for three days in lieu of a friend's wedding. I squeeze in an interview for Teacher's College.

FEBUARY: Bought a japanese iBook. Coolness. I will be the only one with japanese alphabet keys in Singapore.

MARCH: I am accepted at Teacher's College. I break the news that I will leave Japan and AIS. Bittersweet moment.

APRIL: Andy visits. It's his last time before I will leave.

MAY: I holiday with my posse in Shodoshima. Spend the month packing and shipping stuff to Singapore.

JUNE: I leave Japan, holiday in Thailand, move to Singapore. Oh my gawd. It's for real.

JULY: So begins my transition into Singapore. Not without its teething problems. I start attending music school for guitar lessons. I am officially under payroll!

AUGUST: Still transiting, I attend Teacher's College at the National Institute of Education. Meet lots of new people, very cool, very entertaining.

SEPTEMBER: I start learning lots of interesting things about Education. I like EdPsychology best, things start to make sense.

OCTOBER: I celebrate my birthday after a drought of 3-4 years. I start to feel the pressure of living in Singapore. I stand my ground.

NOVEMBER: I grow to dislike somethings in Singapore, but learning to live with it. Decide I need a break and an out, so plan to go to Indonesia! Go for some interviews at local schools for a job. I think I got what I wanted. I hope its what I need.

DECEMBER: I go on a mission trip to Indonesia. Deepen some new cool friendships. Want to pursue God more. Spending Christmas with family is a first for me in many years. Will go to Vietnam.

After six months in Singapore (OMG), I am learning that this season of change has been relative calm. I sense that next year will be big changes for me. Daunting. I better brace! God help me!

2005 + 2004

3 Comments:

At 5:58 pm, Blogger davej said...

very good...i like the hebrews 11 style of reflection...i might work on my own sometime...

 
At 1:05 am, Blogger The Chilibuddy said...

Yea! I think it would be awesome to share reflections on how things we did together might have affected us in different/similar ways.

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger davej said...

oooh...cool angle! why the birthday drought?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home