Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, July 31, 2007

GREEN LIGHTS AHEAD

I saw a colleague on his blogger and it reminded me to update mine. Since the last time I wrote, Andy and I signed to buy our first home. As most first homes, it is far from where we want to be but it is affordable. In fact, nothing makes me more proud about the house than the fact that we are taking such a minimal loan, almost unheard of in Singapore.

You see, we will own our apartment in less than three years. To own any property in Singapore is a hard-sought affair. But thanks to Andy’s hard work and patience… we will be debt-free and mission-ready by the time my tenure at this school is over. Hallelujah!

We are a 5 -10 minute stroll to romantic walks after dinner at the park and reservoir and 15 minutes to the expressway into the city. The previous owners did a great job of upkeep so we have minimal renovations to do. And I do love the layout with full-length living windows looking out to tree-top levels.

We got it at a good price really…. And it will be ours right after the wedding. Speaking of which, I got my leave approved and its all green lights for Andy to go ahead to book our honeymoon to a surprise destination!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, congrats! where's your new place? how exciting! happy for you.

~ Joy

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

woot woot - full length windows are a nice touch :) looking forward to seeing the place!

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger The Chilibuddy said...

It's in Teban Gardens. Around the West Coast. :-)

 
At 4:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello gaijin, thought about you. i miss you. :) / bunz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home